1. Everyone is SUPER friendly
2. The people here always call you mam.
3. You may be snatched by the arm and pulled towards another person while they are saying "This is Mikayla, She just moved here from AZ"
4. The fire Hydrants are silver... NOT red.
5. There is a grocery called H-E-B (NOT HEB) You learn quickly.
6. Seminary is at 6:00 in the morning. Be sure to set your alarm. :)
7. Krispy Kreme Donuts are a fact of life.
8. Slippers are a must.
9. An umbrella is nice too.
10. The stairs may be a little steep. Don't worry if you trip a lot, many of us do.
11. The temple can be seen from your backyard.
12. Landscaping may be a little different. A cactus, Palm Tree, Maple and oak may be seen in the same yard.
13. Rain is constant. :)
14. Always be sure to bring more money then you think. You may find more necessities then you intend you needed.
15. Do not bring chap stick to school. Apparently it is considered Medicine.
16. When a Direct T.V worker comes to your house don't send him away. Otherwise you may not have T.V for another month. Right when American Idol season starts. ;)
17. Hot chocolate with whipped cream on top is delicious.
18. Speed bumps are everywhere. Not my favorite part of Texas.
19. Everyone wears boots. Uggs? Cowboy boots? Snow boots? Yes.
20. Their are some super cute cowboys. :)
21. When a guy in your Sunday school class asks you if you are Hispanic, Do not be alarmed. It is fairly normal. ;)
22. When you wear a BYU football shirt everyone assumes you are a football fan and starts asking you a bunch of questions in football language.
23. At mutual you may be watching a video when the guy behind you pokes you in the rib to get your attention. Not attractive, sorry boys. :)
24. While taking a shower, be sure to turn the water all the way hot. Even then it may be a little chilly. You'll get used to it.
25. Everyone has a cell phone. Without one you are basically a bump on a log. Apparently my Daddy still doesn't see my point.
I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. :)
January 14, 2010
Hints, Tips, Trends, Weird Things about San Antonio
6:30 AM
Mikayla
Here it is..
-
▼
2010
(64)
-
▼
January
(16)
- Tie Dye Time
- Today in Health we talked about death.I will admit...
- Complaining or Stating?
- Crazy times in Texas...
- Running has become more of a joy. It used to be a ...
- Day Makers...
- An apple a Day Keeps the doctor away...
- Opposition in all things
- I was told today that I am judgemental. So today? ...
- First day of school? Done.
- I never got the chance to make a list of my New Ye...
- I just love phone calls.A simple Hello. I can talk...
- Happy Birthday Emma Pie!
- Hints, Tips, Trends, Weird Things about San Antonio
- Welcome Home Heywood Family..
- New Years Eve
-
▼
January
(16)




8 comments:
I'd bet that there is at least SOMEONE without a cell phone. :) If it makes you feel any better, I had to wait until college. :)
Find a Cowboy for me Mikayla!! I bet all of them are falling all over you!! LOVE YOU GIRLY!!:)
Sorry that was me Kessa!
It sounds amazing! I love you Mikala :) Hope you are having an amazing time!
You make me laugh so hard!!! Those boys already love you?! Man... where did I put my bat... ??
I KNOW! She ALREADY has someone who likes her!!! Haha its just cuz shes so darn cute!
Well, Mikalyla. I will tell you I miss you. Cuause I really really do. I love you girly. Why won't you anwser your phone?!?!? I called twenty times tonight!! PLEASE AWNSER!!!
btw- I'm grounded from fb so thats why i havn't posted back on your wall...and i am grounded from my phone to so i've been calling on my moms...please anwser your daaarn phone!! :)
Post a Comment